Cornerstone Bible Fellowship is a partner with several other churches in the STEP ministry. STEP is a partnership of local churches that extends the caring hands and feet of Jesus to the inner city and to schools around the Little Rock metro area. The ministry provides you with the opportunity to make a difference in the life of an at-risk child in the name of Christ.
The ministry is carried out through three primary programs:
The heart of the ministry; a one-on-one mentoring program with an at-risk child that has the potential to change lives for generations.
– One-on-one mentoring after school
– 1½ hours each week during the school year
– Share God’s truth through Bible study
– Structured program includes life skills training, recreation, etc.
– Relationships that last for years
The ministry outreach; penetrating the elementary schools in North Little Rock, Little Rock & Pulaski County with unselfish service to at-risk youth.
– Life-changing personal attention given to at-risk children
– Educational assistance provided to the child as directed by teachers
– One-on-one meeting in school
– Meet individually with two assigned elementary school children
– ½ hour per child weekly during the school year
– Relationship may last for several years
The first step into STEP; short-term mentoring in a setting with the ministry staff and other mentors/mentees at the STEP facility.
– Provides at-risk youth with a positive, biblically-based outlet during their summer break
– One-on-one mentoring in STEP facility with other mentors and mentees
– Three early evening hours over three consecutive days
– Program includes bible study, arts & crafts, recreation, special guests, etc.
– Fun field trip in the last evening
For more information about STEP’s programs, history, ministry opportunities, calendar of activities/events, and how you can volunteer or donate, please contact Tom Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org. To review the STEP website visit stepministries.org, or click here for contact information.